Ah… I so, so aspire to these ways of being these days. My house is about to be turned upside down with a painter taking over the first floor and I will be traveling for some time in the coming month, and, and… well, change is afoot. And I’m trying to make this trust leap as gracefully as I can. And I’m probably doing a lousy job of it most days. House will be going on the market once the painter is done and he’s been putting me off… And I thought that I had a schedule in place to get it all done by the end of June… all the house prep for listing on the market. Sigh… It will all work out. Yes, it will. ;~)
So, this is what I aspire to modeling:
Symptoms of Inner Peace
Be on the lookout for the following symptoms of Inner Peace. The hearts of a great many people have already been exposed to Inner Peace, and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. (Mare note: Gosh, I wish that were the case… be easier to leave the house every day!) This could pose a serious threat to what has, up to now, been a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world! (Mare note: Whomever wrote this really must not be reading the headlines, but then again, this is a dated piece of paper from my home office that has been buried for about 10 years. sigh…)
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously, rather than basing actions on fears or past experiences.
- The unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- Loss of interest in judging other people.
- Complete lack of interest in conflict.
- A loss of ability to Worry. (This is a very serious symptom! — Mare note: may I get this sick with the epidemic! I will not complain.. no, I won’t… ;~)
- Frequent, acute episodes of smiling.
- An increased tendency to allow things to happen, rather than trying to make them happen.
- An increased susceptibility to love extended by others, as well as the uncontrollable urge to express love.
Sigh… I’m working on it! I really am… Why can’t this be a supervitamin drink that we can purchase at the store, with Inner Peace as one of the key ingredients?
Which reminds me that I need to do a blog entry on all the different times that I’ve been at a counter at the bank, hot dog stand (yes, I eat hot dogs), and asked the people at the counter if they had any “peace of mind” when they asked if I needed any more service from them. I love the responses that I get… across the board… later on that one.
- peace out… ;~)