An email I received yesterday:
How to stay safe in the world today.
1. Avoid riding in automobiles because they are responsible for 20% of all fatal accidents.
2. Do not stay home because 17% of all accidents occur in the home.
3. Avoid walking on streets or sidewalks because 14% of all accidents occur to pedestrians.
4. Avoid traveling by air, rail, or water because 16% of all accidents involve these forms of transportation.
5. Of the remaining 33%, 32% of all deaths occur in Hospitals. So, ….. above all else, avoid hospitals.
BUT , ….. You will be pleased to learn that only .001% of all deaths occur in nature, and these are usually related to previous physical disorders. Therefore, logic tells us that the safest place for you to be at any given point in time is out in nature!
(okay, i have a confession to make here. when i got this email it said “…only .001% of all deaths occur in CHURCH…” but I changed it since i’m a little biased and believe that the divine is all around us and one can particularly feel close to the divine in nature. so.. i don’t know if these statistics in the whole posting were originally accurate. i kinda doubt it. so if they were originally, forgive me for mucking up the accuracy. but what kind of accidents happen in church anyway? and why would a person want to be that safe that much anyway?)