Recently at an open alternative health practitioners meeting, I was asked the question why I am compelled to coordinate and co-lead a series of “Womb Wisdom & the Sacred Feminine” workshops this winter.
These are a set of workshops (1/26, 2/24, 3/10, & 3/24 – all at a private residence outside of Frederick – 2013) where we will be dancing, drawing, speaking our truth, doing guided visualizations, and honoring our bellies in ways that we never have before (at least most of us). We will celebrate ourselves as women in joyous, compassionate, energizing, and silly ways. It will be a co-creative experience of supporting each other in Sacred Space, with some goofiness mixed in, to boot. ;~)
No one else in this region is organizing such workshops, as far as I know. The woman asking was sincerely interested in knowing the deeper reasons for my efforts other than what I had put on the workshops’ flyer stating that Sacred Feminine energies are emerging all around the planet—which is a rather nebulous reason for organizing such workshops.
So I thought about it on the spot and gave her some simplistic reasons. Afterwards it occurred to me that it would be wise to more elaborately explain for the world at large why I’m feeling very called to pull these workshops together.
These are the reasons:
– The center of a woman’s body is our hara, wombspace or abdominal area, yet we pay such little attention to it other than to think it is too big (and it certainly gets very big when we are pregnant). In general our bellies receive very little positive attention.
– It is recognized in numerous cultures that a woman’s wombspace is the seat of our wisdom and power.
– Some groups are focused on encouraging women to find their voices. To truly find it, we must go to the center of our being to tap the energies there to find the authentic, whole voice of whom we are.
– Our feminine wisdom is a powerful asset to the collective wisdom of our society yet is not tapped to the extent possible.
– Patriarchal systems for the past few thousand years have disempowered and silenced (and worse) women and this has shut down our wisdom/energy centers for the most part.
– The majority of women experience health issues in our bellies, our reproductive organs/fibroids/cancer/hysterectomies/etc., but our health system treats these diseases from a mechanistic standpoint, not a spiritual/emotional/energetic one.
– There is such imbalance in our culture (ie. the dominant Western Worldview—between the masculine energies and the feminine energies), and our learning to heal our wombspaces to step into our full potential as women can help to heal the imbalances within our society.*
When we, as women, take the steps to embrace the beautiful wholeness of our wombspaces, we begin to tap into a level of compassion and wise presence that offers balance to the more masculine directed ways of being. This is a sacred experience and we have so much to offer both to ourselves, our families and our communities in sourcing ourselves from this center of our being.
This is not something that happens overnight and can lead to intense openings of emotion and energy. But we can start the journey and hold sacred space for the awakening to happen.
Come join us in taking this beautiful and fun journey. In intiating this, we can help heal not only ourselves but the world around us.
*Another key reason for these workshops is my personal healing journey and a book that I, Mare, have been working on—currently on hold. I was diagnosed with enlarged lymph nodes (lymphoma) in the summer of 2011 after years of intensely painful fibroids. In the process of healing these outside of the allopathic system, I began to discover a somewhat Pandora’s Box/treasure trove of belief systems, and fears, etc., that blocked my wombspace energies from moving freely, which led to the development of my symptoms.
I strongly sense that my health adventures are ones that might offer some insights into how many women might be able to learn to release ‘stuck energy’ and heal themselves also. I am feeling called to share what I’ve learned to help other women heal and discover the beautiful, compassionate, wise and sacred centers of their bodies, and themselves.
Ps. Partway through working on that book, Spirit/Mother rather yanked me aside and I was guided to write the Messages from Mother…. Earth Mother book mid-way through the other book. Surrendering to writing Messages from Mother spiritually has been part of my healing journey in a huge way.