– Writing from the bed really is the best place to write. Period.
– Taking phone calls from the bed and taking notes is not so easy, but I’m learning new skills here.
– All authors and very committed writers need a chef, butler, housekeeper and woodpile stacker. You see, writing is very time consuming work and there is no time for these extraneous tasks.
– Eating baked beans with prunes in the same 6 hour time period is not a smart idea.
– Eating baked beans mixed with stir-fried spinach, mushrooms, and egg whites is rather yummy. With no prunes.
– The squirrels in the storage space above my bathroom have parties sometimes and were rather loud during the Arctic Freeze. I think they are the ones who stole my favorite hot chocolate mix and were sipping hot chocolate while I was suffering down below them with only my dark chocolate Hershey’s kisses.
– Having a frozen woodpile blocking the path to the front door congealed together from frozen rain and then some snow along with a car that won’t move means that:
1) no one is allowed in the house unless they bring a sled to go down the other part of the steep yard, and,
2) no one is allowed to leave the house. Unless they are a squirrel trying to get more hot chocolate mix and if that is the case, then I am waiting for them with my pea-shooter.
– End of Report of Surviving the Arctic Freeze. Stardate, Jan 9th, 2014. Planet Earth.